Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Baby Onesies

I know this is another sewing entry, but I just had to share these. My dear friend just gave birth and I wanted to give her and baby something original. I got plain white onesies then tie-dyed them in blue and green. I appliqued little felt designs onto the front using contrasting embroidery floss. The Owl Onesie is made using the owl punch from Stampin'Up! I was not able to punch directly onto the felt because of its thickness. I had to just use the design and hand cut each piece out. The eyes are tiny buttons.
For the birds I used Stampin' Up! sizzlet. Again, the felt was too thick to run through the Big Shot Machine. I had to create a template and hand cut each piece.
The "E" monogram I used Basic Grey Bon Bon chipboard as my template.
I like that it's cute but not too girly.
Babies make messes; they can't help themselves. I like the idea that when he wears these, even if he spits up on himself, you won't even tell because it will just blend right in with the tie-dye.
It will help disguise it, right?
Here's the card that I made to go with it. I used the Stamping Up! owl punch. I have to say that when I first saw the punch I was not impressed. I'm not sure how my cousin talked me into getting it, but I'm glad she did. It has grown on me. I use it all the time. It's really fun to build different owls with designer paper. The building punches are a lot of fun in general and I recommend these. She talked me into getting the stocking building punch and I can't wait to start playing with that one....but that's another blog post. Back to the card. I tried to create an atypical boy baby card. They're always powder blue and very cutesy. I used dark green textured paper for the background and dark pumpkin textured paper for the accent border. I stamped letters to the front in green on cream color paper. Constructed the owl and attached the letter E on his heart. The inside sentiment says, "E is for" with his name spelled out.

No comments:

Post a Comment