Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Button Craze



I'm really into flowers nowadays. They are so easy to make and really give your cards a pop! The buttons make for a great center and I went crazy at the fabric store this past week finding some nice ones. Also, I just received my order from SU! and am really excited about their new framelits. To make this I first embossed the kraft colored card using an embossing folder. I love using embossing folders. It gives your background dimension without adding color. Very subtle. I distressed all pieces before assembling to give it that aged vintage look. Also very in right now. For the lower right flower I cut a 12" x 3/4" strip of DSP and scored it every 1/4"; accordion folded and then secured it onto the card and added the button.

Paper flower detail and button


Materials used:
SU! Framelits Labels, First Edition DSP, Apothecary Art set, Marina Mist ink, Brocade Blue ink
Jim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Bazzil Kraft Card stock
Sizzix Snow Flowers Embossing Folder

Well, thanks for sticking with me. I know it's been a while since I last posted. Life has been crazy busy as I'm sure you all know as well.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment