Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Buttons Part II


I made the same layout, same card, different colors. This one is for a dear loved one's birthday that is four days before St. Patricks' Day. I didn't really mean for it to come out so green. I make a lot of cards this color because green is my favorite color. Green is pretty neutral and not too girly. For the card base I used white card stock. Tap all over lightly with VersaMagic Tea Leaves ink pad. You want to use a fairly dry ink pad otherwise the white won't show through as well when you sand it. I ran it through the embossing folder and then lightly sanded just the peaks with sand paper to bring out the white. For the lower right flower I basted along one side of the ribbon, gathered  the ribbon to create a flower, then sewed the button to the middle.
Materials used:
SU! Apothecary Art set, Framelits Labels, Old Olive ink pad, Mellow Moss ink pad, Celery card stock
VersaMagic Tea Leaves stamp pad
Sizzix Starry Night #2 Embossing Folder
White card stock, clear button, silver brads, mini flower punch, 1/2" x 6" green/white ribbon
Ribbon flower detail with button
Stay tuned for more buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment