Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Tags Part I


Yay! It's Christmastime. I hope you are as excited as I am. I just bought my lifetime supply of Christmas wrapping paper from Costco, so I am officially in the spirit! Wrapping paper means it's tag time. SU! has a huge line of tag stuff so it makes it super easy to crank out these projects. All of these tags above were made using SU! stamps, punches and die cuts. Michael's Craft Stores has so many cute ribbons that these tags practically make themselves ;)


Saw this on my cuz' blog. It's so cute I had to piggyback her idea. If you haven't checked out the link yet here it is again:  by tkg
We have a lot of the same stamps and so we end up doing the same projects. I don't have the snowflake punch she has so I had to improvise. I modified the Sizzix Flourish Set in carob brown card stock. Rudolph is made using SU! Stocking builder punch in tan card stock. I shaded the edges with brown chalk and rosed his cheek and ear with red chalk. His collar is punched out of red textured card stock and embellished using the negative snowflake from ek snowflake border punch on baby blue with white polka dots. Can't really see that detail in this photo. It is mounted on a Sizzix tag die cut on the same baby blue white polka dot card stock. Finally, added a googly eye and tiny red pom pom nose. Oh yeah, and don't forget about the ribbon at the top. It matches Rudolph's collar. I didn't plan that, but it worked out so perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment