Friday, November 18, 2011

Flower Punch Happy Bday Card


It was my friend's birthday on Tuesday. I made her this card using a pleated paper technique I learned at a recent Stamp Camp. Can you see the gray "skirt" on the bottom half. Take a 1" strip of paper and fold it to look like pleats. I used a scorer and made 1/2" pleats, then topped it with vanilla grosgrain ribbon. I used that multi-ink technique again on the main flower image. (Wish I knew what the technical name of that technique was) Inked it all over with green and just edged lower left corner with purple to give it a gradated look. Then I added a bunch of circles and mounted Happy Birthday sentiment. Check out the background cardstock. It's dotted swiss textured paper in Celtic green. I just LOVE this color. It is neutral enough that I can use it with just about all my card projects. So cute.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment