Monday, November 7, 2011

Paper Bag Album

Paper Bag Album cover

I made this baby girl album from a sample I saw at Cut & Paste Paper Arts Store.  http://www.cutnpasteshoppe.com/
It's a small store, but they always have the latest arrivals. If I'm ever in the neighborhood I try to stop in just to see what's new. They have a lot of samples and they are so helpful with all my questions.
I distressed the designer paper with brown vintage ink before assembling. I made one of these for my dear friends that had a new baby girl and gift wrapped it in a brown lunch sack to stay with the brown bag theme. I hope she was able to fill it with cute baby pictures.

Inside pg 2


Inside pg 3

Inside pg 4
Inside Pg 5
Inside pg 6
Inside pg 7
Materials used:
Brown paper lunch sacks
SU! Designer paper
Various paper
Ribbon
Embellishments

The open ends of the bags I glued shut just for stability. However, I made one where I kept all the bags open and used them as pockets to add more things such as little baby mementos. Cards or notes for examples, or more photos, or I've heard of parents keeping a tiny lock of hair. It makes it much more fun than a traditional album because it is so interactive. It's almost like a pop-up book. Each page had a surprise with hidden pages or pockets. There are two different lunch sack sizes. I tried making albums with both sizes. Both came out cute. It all depends on your personal preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment